Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Its all about the beach 'pad'!!

All this rain combined with us designing and constructing our own waterfront home (which I'll share pics of as soon as possible) has gotten me thinking about amazing beachfront properties (well yes - and dreaming I was there too!!).
Everyone has their own version of what makes the ultimate ' beachfront pad' - some like it luxurious and opulent (very up market hotel like), whilst for others the most simple shack is perfect as long as it comes with space for bbq and beer fridge and of course the obligatory shed for fishing rods and anything water/sports related.
Personally- I like it somewhere in between (trust me not to be easy and go for one or the other of the above), I love to have little 'zones' as I call them, to escape to unwind and feel luxurious and be pampered, yet to still have the bbq and beer fridge (alongside the wine/champers of course) and be able to have the space for our Son to play, have a vegie patch and may some chooks, tropical landscaping and a swimming pool. Most of all, for me it needs to be a place to simply forget about the outside world for a while and just live in the moment.
I LOVE an amazing master suite - a big bed, lots of fluffy pillows, soft sheets, total block out curtains/blinds for the compulsory sleep ins, view of the water/ocean and a beautiful ensuite and WIR - I dont ask for much do I?
I have been dreaming and researching at the same time - so check out some of the stunning properties I found ..... also check out this link if your looking for somewhere to head for a break - they are stunning!!
http://www.homedesignfind.com/architecture/10-most-evocative-beach-houses-in-australia/








No comments:

Post a Comment